Re: Stereo interchangeability

> At some point I need to put a stereo in my '82, as it came with a hole where
> the stereo goes.  I don't want to spend money on a new stereo, although it
> would be nice to have a CD player.  (Maybe I'll add a changer later.)  I
> want to go to a junkyard and pull a stock stereo to put in.  What
> years/models will be a direct fit for my '82, as in plug it in and go?

  pick one. everything from '82 to '93 i've found to work (though the
radio from the '93 had to have a wire ran to another pin). i'd suggest a
heidelberg v or vi. i really like the looks of the later in my car. i
recently put a premium audio one from a '93 passat into my '85. sounds
great, though it doesn't look quite right in the car (fit's okay, but
the styling of it is sort of too modern for the age of the car). just
make sure you get the wiring harness from another car if yours has been
cut.

--
 /\_/\	  Foxx (in a box)
< o o >	  http://foxx.tripod.com