RE: 89 golf parts? into MK1?

--- Neal Tovsen <sixteen.volt@verizon.net> wrote:
> Is the Digifant 8v engine different than the CIS 8v?
> I guess I just always
> assumed you could drop in the engine but use the
> Mk1's injection...
>
> Neal

I have a digifant head on my 1987 Golf GT (A CIS-E
car). You need to swap out the injector seats to use
it with CIS. You can't use air shrouds with a Digifant
head either - I had to remove them from the injectors
to make it work.

HTH

=====
Mark Peele
1985 Scirocco, 1982 Scirocco, 1981 Scirocco, 1978 Scirocco, 1987 Golf GT
http://www.scirocco2.de/mark.htm
Direct Mail: SCIROCCO_GTX@YAHOO.COM
Need parts? try http://www.parts4vws.com/ (Potterman)
or http://www.germanautoparts.com/ (Adirondack)