Re: On the topic of Tranny's...

> So, question 1.  <snip>...<snip>  Any thing
> I should think of changing while the process is getting done?

If you can afford a Quaife, get one installed.  If the tranny is apart for a
re-build, you might as well put a diff. in while you're there.  If you can't
afford a Quaife, at least have the Peloquin 80% limited slip kit installed.

> 2.  Any way of identifying a tranny besides the stamp on bottom.  The one
> swapped into the beater '82 now has a blank (nice and smooth) tab where
the
> FN had the identity stamp.

Wow, that's new to me.  No clue.  Good luck!

Mike Carlson
'84 Scirocco Wolfsburg Edition (4k w/Quaife & .71 6th gear installed soon)
'95 GTI VR6
http://members.home.net/mikes.vws