From: owner-scirocco-l@scirocco.org
[mailto:owner-scirocco-l@scirocco.org]On Behalf Of Michael Abatzis
Sent: Monday, September 17, 2001 9:00 PM
To: scirocco-l@scirocco.org
Subject: [tech]: help with fast idle? anybody?

my car is finally up and running well. figured out my timing issues (mixed
up the marks on the flywheel), set my mixture and idle with a dwell meter.
unfortunately, when everything is set correctly, the car idles at 1400 rpm.
when the idle bypass screw is turned all the way closed, it still idles at
1200 (dwell is then about 22).  any thoughts? maybe a vacuum leak. i can't
find one. maybe a busted idle air bypass valve? would that do it? how about
an exhaust leak? i think i may have developed one, but i've had em before
w/o it messing with the idle; unless it was upstream of the o2 sensor? i'm
so close! c'mon, help a brother out!
-michael
88 2.0l! 16v scirocco