RE: programmable engine management

> So it **only** runs off of the throttle position? I'm not an EFI expert, but
> that doesn't sound much different than a carburator!

Back to basics, but thats it. Only the amount of gasoline is
given electronically.

> How does it know if it is running rich or lean? How does it accomodate
> altitude, temp, or humidity changes? Only through the O2 sensor? That's
> *after* the combustion. Shouldn't it be able to predict and adapt the fuel
> settings, rather than wait for an 02 sensor reading?

You have to tell him what's rich or what's lean. Intake air
temerature is measured by separate sensor and humidity is
somehow corrected from the temperature. Height difference
is not measured. (Only when using MAP configuration).

O2 sensor is in my case used only for monitoring and is
never used in actual micture setting scheme. I choosed
a bit bad place for the O2 sesor and it has heating
problems so it does not give any accurate readings in
my case so I'm guite happy that it is not the main
sensor to set micture as I would melt my engine in no
time with it.

Lauri!
'84 2.0 16v Scirocco GTX Kamei X1 Bodykit (VIN025736)
http://www.eabc.edu.ee/~laurts/scirocco
I finally added something new to my site!