4K trans

So does the 4K have 100mm or 90mm flanges?  I have a 4K in an 84 Rocco and I
didn't think they went to the 100mm flanges till 86 or so.  I haven't
measured the flanges, so I'm not sure what size they are.
Also, are all the steering knuckles the same?  Will the 100mm axles fit in
older (Mk1) knuckles?  I planned to put a 9A trans into a Mk1 Roc and I was
thinking I needed later knuckles or I'd have to swap the flanges at the diff
to the earlier style.

Hope somebody can clarify this.

Tom in Tucson
www.area-53.com
Ten VW's, three Audi's, two Chevy's and counting.