Re: 4K trans

The 4k trans has 90mm flanges stock, however you can
upgrade to 100mm flanges (without modifications), and while
you've got it apart might as well install the 80% LSD.

j.

--- VeeWdriver@aol.com wrote:
> So does the 4K have 100mm or 90mm flanges?  I have a 4K
> in an 84 Rocco and I
> didn't think they went to the 100mm flanges till 86 or
> so.  I haven't
> measured the flanges, so I'm not sure what size they are.
>
> Also, are all the steering knuckles the same?  Will the
> 100mm axles fit in
> older (Mk1) knuckles?  I planned to put a 9A trans into a
> Mk1 Roc and I was
> thinking I needed later knuckles or I'd have to swap the
> flanges at the diff
> to the earlier style.
>
> Hope somebody can clarify this.
>

> Tom in Tucson
> www.area-53.com
> Ten VW's, three Audi's, two Chevy's and counting.

=====
Jason Adams
Fahrvergnugen Forever :) Oo=w=oO
84 rocco 16v
84 rocco turbo (project stage)
98 chevy Z71 (cause everyone needs a truck!)
...I'll try being nicer if you'll try being smarter...