RE: problems cont (long)

Joe:

I'd replace, if you haven't already done so:
-the clutch actuator rod, they can wear
-the TO bearing
-the entire 5th gear cover, which includes the external arm to which
the clutch cable attaches, the splined shaft which it drives, and the
finger which rides on the spline shaft and acts upon the TO bearing.

That's not too tough a job, esp. after what you've been through.

BTW, I just happen :) to have all the above parts from trannies I'm
parting out, at very reasonable prices!!

Ron
Not trying to sell something...really...

PS Scott you are a dolt.  Of course 9A's are engines, and trannies
too!!  That's my lesson for you, dewd!!

=====
Ron (Cheapass)
'87 16V, ("Victor"), '93 Cabby ("Teufelhasen")
ICQ 108845455

Stupid is as stupid does.
-F. Gump