Re: OT: Blood and gas (New Yorkers)

At 09:42 AM 9/12/2001 , Shawn C Meze wrote:

>Also, on another note:
>My own opinion of NY'ers has always been a bad one. What ive seen last
>night of people stepping up and helping strangers. Something I never
>thought a NY'er was capable of. Sometimes its a great thing to be shown
>wrong and im glad for it.

It's a common misperception, Shawn.

New Yorkers are generally thought to be abrasive people.  Why?  Well, we
don't hesitate to scream and curse at someone.

That "outsiders" don't realize is that under that tough front, New Yorkers
are neurotically caring about everyone around them.  You would never see a
community come together under this kind of fiasco as quickly anywhere in
the country.

Jason