Re: VR6 motor in a scirocco

At 9:05 PM -0700 9/8/01, Dave Ewing wrote:
>2.  How much heavier can a VR6 be compared to the 1.8T and all
>the extra plumbing/turbo/intercooler/etc?   It's not that I am disagreeing,

Hundreds of pounds.  The motor itself is obviously a lot heavier, but
the transmission that you'll need to use (02A weighs more than 020),
along with the hydraulics for the clutch and all the rest of the bits
that go with a VR swap (custom motor mounts, chassis reinforcement,
etc) add mass too.  I wish I could remember the exact number but I
think 2-300 pounds is reasonable.