Re: VR6 motor in a scirocco

ALL MK2 Sciroccos have the same amount of room under the hood but VR6s have
been installed in MK1s also.  I have a couple questions for the others that
posted in response to this:  1.  Has anyone on the list DRIVEN a VR6
Scirocco?    2.  How much heavier can a VR6 be compared to the 1.8T and all
the extra plumbing/turbo/intercooler/etc?   It's not that I am disagreeing,
just questioning since I seem to HEAR this and that but no one I talk to has
first hand knowledge so it is always what someone heard from someone else.
I tend to question these types of comments since I would like the KNOW not
just assume what someone else might have experienced.  Thanks!!

Dave