RE: What's the straight dope on SS brake lines?

I have had three or four Sicroccos (depending on how you count it)
and I have put Stainless lines on one of them, and am about to put
them on a second. The improvement in braking response is quite
dramatic. The Scirocco I put SS lines on, had just had the brakes
totally reworked to add 4 wheel disks to an 8v. Originally the new
system had rubber lines, so I had an opportunity to drive for a
little over a month on a new master cylinder, new pads, new rotors,
and new lines, before putting on the ss lines. The difference was
unbelievable! In all honesty, I noticed a bigger difference going to
ss lines than I did going from 8v to 16v brakes.

Do also remember, that aside from improved rigidity, ss lines are
able to carry more heat away from your brake fluid as well, so to
some extent, help reduce fade. I highly recommend getting a set.

The goal is to overcome the deliberate nature of the process.