RE: 8V mechanical head (JH) porting question

I just did this on my 8v solid lifter head. I wasn't planning to screw with
it because I thought I would mess up my head. But then Shawn Meze gave me
some instruction on head re-building and showed me how easy it is. So I gave
it a shot.

I still don't have the motor together yet (I'm really embarassed to say
that, since I've been working on this project for over a year now)--so I
don't know how it is going to turn out, but I think I did a good job.

I just went real easy, opening the ports with my Dremel and a bunch of
Dremel sanding drums from Sears (a bag of about 25 of various grit for about
$8, and I only used about 4 or 5). It was a lot easier than I thought it
would be. And I didn't do any damage to my head at all. I hardly had to
touch the intakes because they are already almost the exact same size as the
gasket--just as you describe. I did a whole lot more (I'd say up to 1/8" in
some areas) removal on the exhaust side and polished them up real nicely.

If you take your time, I don't think you have anything to worry about.

--Theron