Crap! I just glazed my brake...any advice?

Ok so I did something pretty stupid..8D
After a week of driving with my new front brake setup I decided to "test"
it.
I replaced worn out Powerstop X-drilled rotors/Repco MetalMaster pads with
ATE slotted rotors and new Mintex Redbox Pads.

Did a few hard 50-0 stops......felt pretty good.
Did one last stop..... 70-0 going slightly down hill......mistake!?!?!?
When the car stopped (very quickly and with a lot of G's) smoke poured out
of the front of the car (it was a night) completely obscuring my forward
vision. It looked like I just did a major burnout.
The smell was definitely brakes and not oil, tire, or coolant.
As I pulled away and applied the brakes again they had very poor grip.

CRAP!!! Now what did I do?

I went home and checked for problems, .......no fluid leaks, consistent firm
pedal, and topped off reservoir.

I'm pretty sure I glazed em'. :(

Questions:
Do I have to remove the rotors/pads, scuff them up and re-install?
Is there a method to de-glaze them?
Will it fix itself over time by normal driving/braking? (will the fact that
the rotors are slotted help?)

My Repco MetalMasters never had this problem and I abused the hell out of
them.
If this is what I should expect from the Mintex pads after just a couple of
hard stops on a cool night I will definitely have to use a different set of
pads/rotors for track use.
Hawk Blue/Zimmerman X-drilled, or maybe just switch back to the the Repco
MM's. Humphhhhh! ;(

Thanks in advance for any/all advice :)

Randy
(embarrased and disgusted)