New Scirocco acquistion

List,
I finally picked up Tim Reeds 82 Rocco on Monday. The car ran but on 2
cylinders. Ran a compression check and 1 & 2 cylinders were 0. 3 & 4 were at
120. No oil in water or water in oil. So I pulled the head and the gasket had
a spot about an 1" wide blown threw between 1 & 2. checked the head and block
straight as an arrow. slapped on a new headgasket, intake gasket, exhaust
gaskets, and valve cover gaskets fired it up and ran like a top. Next step is
an oil change and tune-up.

The only downside to this is I don't get to keep the car. I promised to my
brother who needs a car. At least I get to keep my 78.

Masun Dixon
78 Scirocco 16V
82 Scirocco