WEIRD 8v cabby Timing solved

To time that damn car I followed the list's advice
(THANKS) of taking off the valve cover and checking
out the cams to make sure the #1valves were closed.
Would you believe that the timing mark on the camshaft
sprocket was WAY down on the low side of the back of
the head INSTEAD of level with the front of the
head????  Anywho, I lined up the crank and
distributor, tightened the belt, and started it.  It
ran PERFECT!  My guess is that the sprocket isnt'
where its supposed to be on the cam but I'm not sure
how that could happen.  Anywho, it runs great now!
Time to cash that check!  Thanks e'body. weehoo!

=====
Dan May - Greensboro NC
1987 16V Scirocco
1979 Scirocco -D.I.Y. Paintjob Complete!
1997 Tacoma 4x4 V6 Xtracab VWHAULER
1972 Harley Davidson Rapido
http://members.aol.com/scirocco87
"I love it when a plan comes together" - Hannibal Smith