Re: Badger 5 t-bodies

--- Dan Bubb <jdbubb@ix.netcom.com> wrote:
> It's tough to see how the air horns are attached to the throttle body
> castings, so I don't know if this will work, but what about fabing a
> cold air plenum over the intakes ducted to a cold air (ram air?) pickup?
> You should have an air filter anyway and this could be incorporated into
> the duct. The plenum wouldn't even have to be tight seal at the air
> horns.
> Dan
> PS. Damn, that's a lot of money! Add in any engine management package
> and it's over $2000!

Hmmm...does this Badger5 setup use any type of air filter?
It's hard to see from the picture, but I don't see any type of
filter.  I did see a guy at ND this year who had this type of
setup on his GTI I believe...he just used individual slip-on
filters.  There has to be a better way to get cold air to the
intakes... the air horns are great, but there is definitely
a need for a slightly better design to get around the fact that
the intake ports are sitting right behind the radiator.
If you find a radiator that was even 2 inches shorter, then
you could make a duct that would be as wide as the width of the
grill and make it enlarge to a housing around the horns and
then incorporate a filter in the housing.
 I suppose that it would help to have the setup in front of
me to actually see if there is enough room to make this work...

=====
Benjamin Harder
86 Scirocco 16v
80 Scirocco - project