RE: Badger 5 t-bodies

Has anyone investigated obtaining cold intake air from the fresh air
area (by the firewall)?  The intake from the airbox would be ducted
back to the "tray", a port would be added easily enough, water drainage
is already done...if one would want to add some external ducting, it
could be in the form of a little scoop over the existing vents in the
hood...

Worth considering?

Ron
--- Lauri Pettai <lauri.pettai@netexpress.ee> wrote:
> I've been wondering, is there a possibility to rebuild the
> front end of the Scirocco so that you can unscrew it if you
> like? Like you can do it with golfs. Then I'd do it so that
> I'd put the radiator a bit lower to make the room for the
> cool air intake. Lot of custom building, but it might be
> worth it?
>
> Hood scoop thingie is not going to work as the place where
> you'd have to put the scoop has actually vacuum in there.
> So no air is going to go in from there. Only out.
>
> Lauri!
> '84 2.0 16v Scirocco GTX Kamei X1 Bodykit (VIN025736)
> http://www.eabc.edu.ee/~laurts/scirocco
> I finally added something new to my site!

=====
Ron (Cheapass)
'87 16V, ("Victor"), '93 Cabby ("Teufelhasen")
ICQ 108845455

Stupid is as stupid does.
-F. Gump