From: owner-scirocco-l@scirocco.org
[mailto:owner-scirocco-l@scirocco.org]On Behalf Of Paul Maione
Sent: Wednesday, September 05, 2001 12:38 AM
To: scirocco-l@scirocco.org
Subject: what now?

hey everyone.

alright, so my car is off the road, and i'm
working on getting the dirt rocco moving
again. that's ANOTHER project all together.
:)

i did a compression test tonight and this
is what i came up with...

cyl no 1 - 160 psi
cyl no 2 - 10 psi
cyl no 3 - 180 psi
cyl no 4 - 190 psi

yikes. that no good for no.2.

i did a wet test with that cylinder and it
went up like 20 psi. what's that to tell me?
the valve seals are no good? i think maybe a
spring broke or something and a valve is stuck
open.

that seems like a bad head. i know usually if the numbers
go up, that means the rings are bad, but it really didn't
go up that much higher, which is leading me to think
it's a bad head. i just wanna make sure because if i don't
have to touch the bottom end, then i might as well just
leave it. less work and less aggrivation.

thanks

paul
87' scirocco16v