Re: what now?

On Wed, 05 Sep 2001 01:38:16 -0400 Paul Maione <paulmaione@videotron.ca>
writes:
>hey everyone.
>
>alright, so my car is off the road, and i'm
>working on getting the dirt rocco moving
>again. that's ANOTHER project all together.
>:)
>
>i did a compression test tonight and this
>is what i came up with...
>
>cyl no 1 - 160 psi
>cyl no 2 - 10 psi
>cyl no 3 - 180 psi
>cyl no 4 - 190 psi
>
>yikes. that no good for no.2.
>
>i did a wet test with that cylinder and it
>went up like 20 psi. what's that to tell me?
>the valve seals are no good? i think maybe a
>spring broke or something and a valve is stuck
>open.

Its my experience that when a wet test doesn't significantly bring up the
compression then its usually a problem with the head. Most likely a
bent/cracked/broken valve.

So, you pull the head. And if its not one of the 3 I mentioned above then
its going to be obvious when you pull the head. (Broken piston.)

But, since you have some compression, then its likely a valve job is due.

GL!

Shawn Méze
86' Jetta GLi 8V       84' Scirocco 8V           88' Corvette -SS 30-
82' Scirocco GTi -FSP 54-     79' "Project FSP Scirocco"
The Fastest, Quickest, Cleanest and best looking Scirocco in all of San
Diego!