Re: 3 gauge pod wireup

--- Jason Arms <redbug64@hotmail.com> wrote:
> List,
>
> Ok, i have the 3 little gages in my center console and have not wired them
> up yet.  Car is rocco 16v
> The stock oil temp one has never worked.  I installed a new sending unit on
> the back upper drivers side of the head and then ran a wire from that to the
> back of the gage... Now it just pins itself to full temp as soon as i turn
> the car on?  Did i do something wrong?  I believe that the orriginal wiring
> is gone.
> The other thing is that for my oil pressure gage i dont understand the whole
> dual sender thing, or what the simbols on the back mean... i have the dual
> sender mounted in the front port on top of the oil cooler flange, with the
> stock on behind it.  Ok, so how do i make the gage and buzzer light in the
> cluster work and work properly?
> For the Volt meter... do i just tap it into a power wire and im set?  It
> just has a plus and minus tab on the back of it???

There will be three terminals on both the Oil Temp and Oil Pres gauges, and
then just the two terminals on the Volt gauge.  Make sure that each of the
gauges has a good ground and +12 volts (switched).  Then run a wire from the
oil temp sender and the oil pres. sender to the remaining terminal on the two
gauges.
 The oil temp should be straight forward.  The dual oil pressure sender has
one terminal for the gauge and one terminal for the high pressure warning
(I think).  The sender will have a "G" marking on one terminal...this is the
one that hooks to the guage.  Does your sender have this on it?
Oh, and what sender do you have?  Is it the 0-150 psi (0-10 bar) or is this
the 0-5 bar sender from an Audi?
 I can't think of more details right now...so just ask if you need more
info...good luck

=====
Benjamin Harder
86 Scirocco 16v