head toast? (long)

hey everyone.

i hate this car.
bigtime.
alright, so forget about this sputter problem i have, i think
i got some SERIOUS shit to worry about!! alright, so i lean out
the car the other day and drive it home, hoping it would calm
down this sputtering. did nothing.i take off driving to go git grub
and my buddy behind me calls me on my cell and tells me that my car is
PUKING out white smoke. i was like WTF? so i don't nail it. i drive
it home and leave it there. bring it to work the next day and notice
that it doesn't stop blowing white. i richen it again, and it won't
stop. odd. keep checking to see why it's sputtering and i notice
that my intake boot was cracked on the side, replace that. doesn't
do anything. anyways, when i took off the boot i noticed that
there was a little bit of oil accumulation on the plate for the
air/fuel distributor. so i cleaned it and didn't think much of it because i
was so
wacked out with the sputtering. i take it to a buddy's house
and i notice now that it's blowing blue smoke. now i'm really wacked.
we play with the fuel, doesn't do anything. i figure when it's blue it's
blue. also my oil level was dropping so i knew it was burning it.

so we're about to do a Lubro Moly Fuel Purging, when i take off
the boot and there is a HUGE PUDDLE of oil on the plate. there was
oil in my idle stabilizer, throttle body, EVERYWHERE. so while we're
purging, i disconnect the hose that goes into the air box from the
block breather and it's spewing out oil. yikes. so i park it there and
don't drive it for the rest of the night. i come back and i was going to
bring it to work and leave it there so i can work it. while driving it
there it
starts making this horrible clackin noise that sounds like it's coming
from the head. i stop it and call to get it towed.

now it's at work. i took the valve cover off to check and see if i could
see anything. there was nothing obvious. what's the next step? i was
thinking of
running a compression test to see if the rings are blown. bent valve?
headgasket? fuck!! 12,000 kms and it's toast? man, i'm totally wacking out.

thanks for listening to me rant.

paul
87' scirocco16v