Re: Anyone have a 2117cc 16V

Chris,
Thanks for the info :)

Hmmm.....
But wouldn't the taller block create slower piston speed and therfore less
power?
My basic understanding is that with a smaller angle (piston further from the
centerline of crank) the speed of the piston in it's down stroke, at 90*,
and it's upstroke, at 270* would be slower, pulling in less air (or pulling
it in at a slower velocity). There would also be less compression because
less air is being compressed.
Am I even remotely correct in these assumptions???????

The taller block would be smoother (probably why VW went to the taller
setup) because of less side-load on the pistons and smaller angles for the
movement of the 'system' to overcome. Again does this make sense?????

Also, isn't rev-ability mainly a function of airflow and/or port velocity?

Thanks
Randy (wishing he had paid attention in physics class)