RE: Anyone replace their lug bolts with studs and nuts?

--- Chris DeLong <green536@hotmail.com> wrote:
> Studs break and wheels fall off. Hows that for a downside?

Let's see...how many million American cars were made, nearly all with
studs, nearly all with more weight and power, and have I *ever* heard
of a stud breaking, causing a wheel to fall off?  Not once.

> >WHY!!  Why would you want to use studs?

I've got a pathetically bad back, even after recent surgery.  Holding a
wheel against the hub, trying to spin it into place, and then thread a
lug bolt is a GRAND PAIN IN THE ASS.  And in my back too.

There is *NO* way anyone can convince me that studs are weaker than
bolts.  Tell that to those who put ARP Raceware studs in their block to
hold the head on.  Tell that to to the engineers who spec studs on
intake and exhaust manifolds and downpipes.  Tell that to NASCAR and
the 12-second four-tire changes...

All using...studs.

Now, can anyone else (thanks Larry) tell me where I can get them????

Thanks

"Please don't second-guess-me" Ron