Re: wanted: front brakes

>You know you're going to get messed with on this one by posting to the
> >list, right?  First, people will wonder why you aren't buying new rotors

Ahh I get messed with simply cause I'm currently a Fox owner subscribing to
a Scirocco list. Sheesh... I think you people have German envy! heheh...

>the guys on the list are predominantly single and have money or married
with
>dual incomes), then, depending on where you live, they will wonder why
you

Me = single and poor.

>want someone to ship you these parts (especially a 9.4" setup) when you
can
>buy them for the price of the shipping at your local pick a part yard.

Don't have pick and pull yards in Southern, CT.. wish we did. "Oh you want
front calipers and used rotors of a wrecked '87 16v rocco? Yeah... $175,
please. <barf>

>stainless steel brake hoses while I was at it, highly recommend them! In
>any

I had those on an '82 Scirocco way back when.. Are they really all that? Do
they prevent expanding of the brake lines under hard braking? I was never
really sure the exact improvement over standard lines was.

>   As for 10.1", you'll need to start with 14" rims to clear the brakes.

I'm running Audi 4k 14" rims.. Looks niiiiice... That's why 10.1" are
immedeately doable for me. Anyone got 10.1"s for me?

-Dave