Looking for factory engine dimensions and specs

Ok so I am on a mission.

Does anyone out there (VW mechanic, VW engineer, etc...) have the
specifications of any of the VW blocks?
Does anyone know of a source for this info (books from VW, other authors)?
Has anyone recently had their block blueprinted that could shoot me the #'s?

FF, JH, RD, HT, PL, 3A, ABA, etc...

I am looking mainly for:

Centerline of crank to top of block.
Center of 1st piston to the center of each of the other four.
Width of top of block.
Length of top of block.
(Would these dimensions differ with the above blocks?)

An Engineer friend of mine (also owns a Scirocco) and I are going to model a
block in Solid Works to determine the best rod length and location of
wristpin in the piston for an 84mm/95.5mm 2117cc block.
When finished he will make a bluepring drawing available for Scirocco.org

I have not heard of anyone doing this before so if anyone knows of such an
engine, please send me info on it. :)

Thanks guys,

Randy
81 Scirocco S - "Mars" (thinking about putting in a Motronic 2117cc 16V)
81 Scirocco S - "Cosmos" (will then get the TT 1847cc 8V for daily use)