Re: My Old School Front Sway bar Bracket = Front Core Support was: 7 weeks ...

Chris DeLong wrote:

> Keep in mind Dick that we own MKI's. Our cars are not subject to such
> maladies. I have yet to see/hear of such a crossmember weakness in a MKI.

According to der Potterman, while less common on Mk1's, this cracking can
and does happen to them.. in fact Doug Teulie's car had some cracks that he
had to have welded up, though nowhere nearly as bad as my car.

--
Kevin Collins
Huntington Beach, CA