Re: 2.0 16v

I had a high-pitched whine after I replaced all my accessory belts.  They
tend to stretch a bit after initial install.  Most of the whine went away
after I re-tightened them.  Check the inner water pump pulley, too.  Its
really an idler pulley running on a separate bearing.  If there is any
sideways movement, replace it ($75).

HTH

John
'87 16v