From: Scott F. Williams [mailto:sfwilliams@home.com]
Sent: Friday, October 26, 2001 7:34 PM
To: Kevin Collins
Cc: scirocco-l@scirocco.org
Subject: RE: best motor mount configuration?

I dunno. My 2.0l 16v motor came straight out of a wrecked Passat and it is
suhmoootha... with the VWMS hard rubber rear tranny mount. Maybe this is all
just a matter of perception. Whatevuh...
--
Scott F. Williams
NJ Scirocco nut

Check out our rally team's website!
http://www.usrallyteam.com

Kevin Collins wrote:
> I dropped by Potter's place this afternoon, and this exact topic just
> happened to come up in conversation.  Mike runs the Motorsport rear trans
> mount in his Mk1, and says the vibration is minimal and that it's totally
> comfortable to drive - but - his motor is balanced.  He says that balanced
> motors do very well with them, whereas "junkyard" motors (like mine!) that
> aren't rebuilt and balanced tend to do poorly to VERY poorly with them.
> Seems logical..

[Disclaimer]This e-mail is strictly confidential and intended solely for the
addressee. It may contain information which is covered by legal,
professional, or other privilege. If you are not the intended addressee you
must not use, disclose, or copy this transmission. This E-mail is not
intended to impose nor shall it be construed as imposing any legally binding
obligation upon GKN Aerospace Chem-tronics Inc. and/or any of its
subsidiaries or associated companies. Neither GKN Aerospace Chem-tronics
Inc. nor any of its subsidiaries or associated companies gives any
representation or warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the
contents of this E-mail. GKN Aerospace Chem-tronics Inc. shall not be held
liable to any person resulting from the use of any information contained in
this E-mail and shall not be liable to any person who acts or omits to do
anything in reliance upon it.