Re: dead horse spring question

FWIW...I had Neuspeed Sport springs on my 16V...they were 8V springs.
They bottomed...a lot.  Maybe it was that I had Bilstien HD's and I
should have had Sports, I don't know...but I had to make up some
spacers to fit beneath the springs and raise the car 3/4".  Presto, all
was well in the world.  Soooo...my conclusion...there IS a difference
between 8V and 16V springs, and it's not wise to apply 8V springs on a
16V car.

Ron

--- Dan Bubb <jdbubb@ix.netcom.com> wrote:
> No! I'm not presuming they both use the same spring rate. I'm
> presuming
> the 8V has a lower spring rate due to it's lower weight and it sits
> nose

<much cut>

=====
Ron (Cheapass)
'87 16V, ("Victor"), '93 Cabby ("Teufelhasen")
ICQ 108845455

Stupid is as stupid does.
-F. Gump