Re: [mkII] 1:25 scale models

Hi,

> m-kay, I know that there are only the little crappy-looking 1:43 scale

crappy ? The Conrad/Schabak Mk2 in 1:43 ??
they aren't that bad !

> but has anyone ever even heard of
> another version being made?

I have a cable controlled one in ( about ) 1:12
http://www.scirocco2.de/080555.jpg
But it's almost impossible to find one.
The last one on German eBay went for over $300...

here an overview of Scirocco models :
http://www.scirocco2.de/dirk6.htm

another very nice and even better site is the one from Greg  :
http://www.driversfound.com/scirocco/collectibles/coll-mk2.htm

> I mean, dealers have to get something don't they?
> Who made the dealer promos? (They're probably 1:43 scale anyways, but they
> might be different than the commercial version)

no, they are the same.
Conrad in Germany made them, these models were sold later through Schabak.

> does anyone have 2D drawings of a MKII Scirocco?

I have some nice 3D models from a Scirocco Mk2
to be used with NFS3 . Is that any use for you ?

Greetings from Germany !
Dirk

Scirocco GT II '92 darkgreen-pearl  www.GT-2.de/GT2.htm
Scirocco 16V "CABRIOLET" www.Scirocco2.de/hornstein.htm