From: humpnyomom [mailto:humpnyomom@home.com]
Sent: Tuesday, October 23, 2001 9:54 PM
To: scirocco-l@scirocco.org
Subject: Jumpy Voltage & Loss of Power

I believe the Bentley says that voltage should be between 13.5 and 14.5
volts when the car is running. My car's voltage never made it to 14 volts.
So I replaced the positive wire from the battery to the starter and the
starter to the alternator with 4 gauge wire. Now it will get to 14 volts,
but it will fluctuate, sometimes all the way down to 12 volts. When I turn
my headlights on it stays between 12 and 13 volts. I have euro headlights
that are relayed, and it did the same thing with my non-relayed US
headlights. So I replaced the ground wire that goes from the negative side
of the battery to the frame with 4 gauge wire too. This made it a little
better, but it still does the same thing. What could be the problem? It
seems that when the voltage drops below 13.5 volts, my car looses power
between 2k and 3.5k rpms and it idles like crap. The car is an '86 16v.
Please help!

Justin
'86 Scirocco 16v 2.0L

[Disclaimer]This e-mail is strictly confidential and intended solely for the
addressee. It may contain information which is covered by legal,
professional, or other privilege. If you are not the intended addressee you
must not use, disclose, or copy this transmission. This E-mail is not
intended to impose nor shall it be construed as imposing any legally binding
obligation upon GKN Aerospace Chem-tronics Inc. and/or any of its
subsidiaries or associated companies. Neither GKN Aerospace Chem-tronics
Inc. nor any of its subsidiaries or associated companies gives any
representation or warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the
contents of this E-mail. GKN Aerospace Chem-tronics Inc. shall not be held
liable to any person resulting from the use of any information contained in
this E-mail and shall not be liable to any person who acts or omits to do
anything in reliance upon it.