Re: MAJOR problem discovered

> humm, the 8v 85 came with 2 kinds of coils, one with a pin and one
> without a pin in the coil spark plug wire,
> I had to bring my own to make sure I had the correct one on my
> car.. perhaps yours was like this ?
> the one mine uses is the no-pin model coil, and as I understand it,
> it was used on the 16v as well.
> Vw is know for swapping parts between year models depending on part
> available, could this be a case of this?

  i think the thing here was that they were getting rid of the last
stock of parts for the older style 8v engine (a/c compressor on top).
i've found inconsistencies between my '84, '85, and '86, things, which
at the time, should've all been the same. damn vin splits.

--
 /\_/\	  Foxx (in a box)
< o o >	  http://foxx.tripod.com