RE: Another Scirocco Will Grace My Garage (kinda long)

...that's not what SHE says....:)

Larry  sandiego16V

-----Original Message-----
From: Brian Wagner [mailto:scirocco_88_16v@hotmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, October 18, 2001 12:47 PM
To: scirocco-l@scirocco.org
Subject: Another Scirocco Will Grace My Garage (kinda long)

All right as many of you know I have been on the hunt for a white Scirocco,
either 16v (w/o sunroof) or a Wolfsburg. Well it appears that my brother in
Colorado will be picking one up for me this weekend and the price was right.

An 84 8v Wolfsburg in decent shape, nothing a little TLC and a bunch of
other stuff won't take care of. The good thing is it is a Colorado car very
little rust, the bad thing is it is Colorado car got to get it Texas to
start the work (looks like a road trip is in order). Had a bid on one
similar to this on ebay and the guy canned the auction (shit and I was
winning) oh well this one popped up and the price was to good to pass on.
This thing is no where as nice as Mr. Deede's but it is start to pleasing my

wife (only in the way of the car, bedroom's just fine)hehehehe

Take a look at it at www.scirocco-16v.com

Now here's what's wrong with it:
--clutch
--Tears in upholstry
--needs a paintjob
--Sunroof works, but one cable is broken
--needs struts/strut bearings
--needs exhaust-it has a straight pipe w/baffled end coming off the
cat...It's loud as hell
--speedometer/odometer broken; all other gauges work. (aren't they all)
--power steering was disconnected (it's hard to turn!) but all parts (pump,
resevior, hoses) are still in the car.
--front tires are fairly new, rear are bald.
--it has a cheesy Grant Racing steering wheel.

It has power windows and doorlocks that work,
new battery,
one new outer CV joint,
upper strut brace,
bosch +4 plugs,
K & N filter,
new clutch cable,
I have a valve cover gasket and an oil pan gasket that I never put in,
All glass is good, all lights work.

Brian

87 16v
86 8v (parts car)
84 Wolfsburg (white coming to a garage near me soon)

[Disclaimer]This e-mail is strictly confidential and intended solely for the
addressee. It may contain information which is covered by legal,
professional, or other privilege. If you are not the intended addressee you
must not use, disclose, or copy this transmission. This E-mail is not
intended to impose nor shall it be construed as imposing any legally binding
obligation upon GKN Aerospace Chem-tronics Inc. and/or any of its
subsidiaries or associated companies. Neither GKN Aerospace Chem-tronics
Inc. nor any of its subsidiaries or associated companies gives any
representation or warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the
contents of this E-mail. GKN Aerospace Chem-tronics Inc. shall not be held
liable to any person resulting from the use of any information contained in
this E-mail and shall not be liable to any person who acts or omits to do
anything in reliance upon it.