Re: [FSOT?] Moving Victor (my car) along? Need opinions...

--- Cheapass Ron <rapieper@yahoo.com> wrote:
> I've had a good time with my 16V so far, but for future
> fun in
> autocross, I'm toying with the idea of a MkI with 1.8L
> 8V, 4K,
> coilovers, etc. in Street Prepared.

> I'd be interested in opinions on whether this is a good
> idea (there's a
> chance that either car would be driven through the winter
> here in
> Cincy),

Baaaad idea, as we discussed on the phone.  You know why we
don't see any Mk 1 Sciroccos driving around in town....

Best opinion would be find a solid mk 1 (tough enough) and
find you a $500 bondo bucket for wintertime driving.

Salt will kill your Mk 1, period.

 how much I'd
> find a running,
> very solid Mk1 w/ reasonable interior for,

Depends.  They can be had for a few hundred bucks on up.

 whether what I
> could get for
> Victor would cover that cost, etc.

It probably could.  I suspect you could get $2000-$2500 for
Victor fairly easily.  He's not in bad shape.  :)

My $.02

=====
Daun Yeagley - Wilmington Ohio
Sciroccos! Pickups! Passats! Oh my!