[FSOT?] Moving Victor (my car) along? Need opinions...

I've had a good time with my 16V so far, but for future fun in
autocross, I'm toying with the idea of a MkI with 1.8L 8V, 4K,
coilovers, etc. in Street Prepared.

The only way I'm going to get this done is to sell or trade Victor, my
'87 16V.

I'd be interested in opinions on whether this is a good idea (there's a
chance that either car would be driven through the winter here in
Cincy), how much more competitive I'd be, how much I'd find a running,
very solid Mk1 w/ reasonable interior for, whether what I could get for
Victor would cover that cost, etc.

This message may be aimed at those who have seen my car, but all
opinions are welcome.

TIA,

=====
Ron (Cheapass)
'87 16V, ("Victor"), '93 Cabby ("Teufelhasen")
ICQ 108845455

Stupid is as stupid does.
-F. Gump