Re: Looking for a good car cover

--- Richard Deede <rdeede@hotmail.com> wrote:
> Like the subject says, I'm looking for a good quality car cover since I
> don't have a garage and my new rocco will be parked on the street. Anyone
> have any recommendations for a good quality cover? Also keep in mind that
> this car has a reiger wing so I don't know if a standard size cover designed
> for a scirocco will fit. Or will it?

 Rich,
  There are plenty of "universal fit" covers out there that will fit your
car...even with the wing, ect.  I bought a decent cover at Pep Boys for
like $75 or so...the cover was supposed to be good for all weather
conditions.  Well, it was *ok* I suppose.  (I was forced to park my 16v
here at school, which is why I bought the cover.)  I used it for about a
month and realized what a total PITA it is to take the cover on and off
each day.  Then, once the cover gets dirty/wet you will need to find a
way to clean and dry it, which was yet another PITA.  I was so relieved
when I was able to park my 16v in the garage at my mom's house!
  Basically, a car cover will help keep the crap off the car, but won't
really keep moisture off the car...to an extent I suppose.  And if it
does rain, you don't want to leave the cover on the car too long after
the rain...to allow the car and cover to dry seperately.  So, as you
might be able to tell, I'm not a fan of covers and all.
A garage of some kind is soooo much better!  Now I just keep my 16v
in the garage with the clean, dry cover on the car to keep off the
dust.  If I were you I'd try to find a garage to store the car for
the winter especially!
  Ok, so there's more than my $0.02

=====
Benjamin Harder