Re: Performance at 148K miles

At 09:49 PM 10/14/2001, David Zanotti wrote:
>Got a free G-Tech with a Michelin Tire purchase (for my wife's car) and
>tried it out on my 'rocco today.  Car is a stock '88 16v (K&N filter the
>only modification).   I used 3,064lbs for weight (stamped on the door
>label).  Here are the results:
>
>HP: 123 (that was a surprise, I expected it would be a little less than the
>factory-claimed HP after 148K miles)

As everyone's told ya, the real curb weight of the 16V is 2380.  So add
your weight to that number and that's about what your car should weigh.

>0-60mph: 8.48sec, 8.46sec, 9.02sec (had a hard time hooking up, tires are
>shot)

The car magazines said about 8 seconds, so you're dead on.  I've never seen
anyone get a faster 0-60 launch than about what you did with a stock 1.8
16V...  What rpm did you drop the clutch by the way?

Dead on.  The magazines said about 16.0 @ 88mph.

>Anybody know how these numbers compare to stock performance when new?  I was
>able to find the HP number in the manual, but don't know how I'm doing on
>0-60 and 1/4 mile.

Check out my site (www.scirocco16v.org) under the "PRESS" section.  I have
the original road tests there.

Jason

Jason Cammisa

Managing Director
element 5 North America

element 5 - the e-way of software at http://www.element5.com
Matthews Drive, Suite 1800 / Chapel Hill Professional Center / Greensburg,
PA 15601
Phone: (724) 853-6618 x10 - Fax: (724) 850-8187 - cammisa@element5.com
***** element 5 USA - Germany - France - Sweden - UK*****