RE: Clutch pushrod/throwout bearing

> > And the bearing is behind that little green endcap, look to replacing
> > the cap when you pull it off. The pushrod is an easy thing to replace
> > too, if the bearing is out of the way.
>
> After prying the endcap off how hard is it to replace the bearing? Do you
> have to remove the return spring or anything? I'd be delighted it it was
> easy as pry, change, re-install.

Not hard at all. If you want, I'll have my girlfriend do a write-up for you.
:) She (with some help from Dan Snow) did all the tranny seal stuff while I
fudged-around with crank seals, shift linkages, and exploding CV joints.
Just pay attention to how the return spring fits in there before you remove
it. It is realy easy to replace, but not real obvious if you don't remember
which way it went in.

I would think you should be able to do the endcap without removing the
tranny...

Neal