RE: Clutch pushrod/throwout bearing

On Sat, 13 Oct 2001, T. Reed wrote:

> > Haha! I had the same "problem". I had worked for TWO DAYS to get that damn
> > clutch in (hey, it was my first time). Got the tranny in and everything

> Oh- that, and the 3 hours I spent trying to get the tranny input shaft
> lined up with the splined hole in the clutch disc when re-installing the
> tranny.
Hmm i guess im just a godzilla. cause my first time with it in the car 20
min and poof. it was in but then again the tranny's arent that heavy for
me. esp since they are less than 15-20% of my body weight.(damn i need to
go on a diet :-), and my wife thinks so too.)
go i just kinda let the whole motor dangle down but still supporting it
slightly on the jack underneatth the oil pan. got it around the flywheel
and wiggled  and grunted away. and poof. it was in...
brian
aka bigmac..
87 16v RIP
85 Cabby -- sold to new home
82 Cabby -- getting painted, topped and interiored. susp/motor done
81S got a new home.

 Finally a combination of four jack stands, a scizzor jack (for