The fate of my car

	Well I'm trying to decided what to do with my car that I wreked a little
bit ago. It's an 88' 16v. The front end is pretty f**** up, but as far as I
can tell the actual block is fine. The car only has around 70,000 miles on
it (od stoped at 65,325) so it would be a waste just to send the car to the
junker. I want to get a feeling of how hard it would be to move the engine I
have from my car now into another 16v body. Or rather combining the parts in
the best condition from both cars into one. I'm in no way a mechanic, but
I'm not unconfertable working on cars as long as I have some kind of
instruction (friend, manual, whatever). Yet I've never taken on anything as
big as this. What are some good books that I could pick up on the subject? I
have a bently, but I would think there would be some other good books out
there on basicly building a car from the ground up.

Roughly how much would you guys say this would cost to do not including the
cost of the car I'd move my engine into. Gaskets, bandades, beer, etc. I'd
rater not just ask for a list of every gasket, spring, bolt, and or nut I'll
need, but if anyone's bored go right ahead ; - ) Otherwise I'll come back
later with a list of my own and see what I need

What special tools would I need to buy, or rent? I can get a lift from a
friend to pull the block out, and I'll need a torque wrench and misc
extensions and stuff. But is there anything that my bently isn't going to
mention?

Is there a prefered order to do something like this? My plan was to just
take notes of everything I do as I go as well as use my digital camera as
much as possible.  Then just repeat everything backwards on the new car.

Are there any upgrades that I should seriously consider doing? I have a
techtonics exhast I can take off my car now, as well as a set of springs.
Other then that what upgrades should I really consider doing while my car is
in pieces. I don't have a ton of money, but I'd rather not finish wishing I
would have spent the extra $100-$200 and did whatever when I had the chance.

In all my lease at this house goes for a year so I have some time. I'll just
leave it at that for now and ask questions after i get a few responses.

PS: If anyone knows of/finds a straight 16v body, with little or no rust,
preferably Tornado Red, send me an email.
PPS: Chris thank you for not having the bolts to those euro bumpers ;- )

Aireq