Re: The fate of my car

<Aireq wrote>
> What special tools would I need to buy, or rent? I can get a lift from a
> friend to pull the block out, and I'll need a torque wrench and misc
> extensions and stuff. But is there anything that my bently isn't going to
> mention?
>
> Is there a prefered order to do something like this? My plan was to just
> take notes of everything I do as I go as well as use my digital camera as
> much as possible.  Then just repeat everything backwards on the new car.
<end snip>

to pull the engine and reinstall is not that difficult you will need a
cherry picker though.  when I did it I removed it from the top, so you need
to remove the hood, cv axles should be disconnected from the tranny, i would
suggest removing the fan and radiator prior to engine removal. of course
disconnect the downpipe and you need some chain to suspend the engine, once
you have the engine suspended disconnect all the motor mounts.  Other than
that just make sure all the wiring is disconnected and there is nothing in
the way.

Robert Piwonka