From: owner-scirocco-l@scirocco.org
[mailto:owner-scirocco-l@scirocco.org]On Behalf Of Neal Tovsen
Sent: Monday, October 08, 2001 10:38 AM
To: Scirocco-L
Subject: Clutch, flywheel, PP: 8v vs. 16v? 020 vs 02A? etc...?

Is there any difference between the clutch, pressure plate, and flywheel on
an 8v vs. a 16v?

I know some models have stiffer clutches or pressure plates. Can they be
different diameters? Are there different diameter flywheels to match them?

Other than that, the only two places where the assembly must be "compatible"
is the 5-bolt pattern on the crankshaft and the splines on the transmission,
right?. All the 020 transmissions are the same, right? What about the bolt
pattern on the 8v vs. 16v cranks?

I'm trying to figure out what to do for my '77 project. I'll be using a
Corrado G60 block with a 9A transmission and would like to know what my
options are. The Corrado obviously came with an 02A transmission. Is the
clutch/pp/flywheel assembly different for an 020, or can I use what I have
already? I also have the pp/clutch that I just pulled from my 16v (only the
thrust plate was damaged, and the clutch looked almost the same as the new
one!). Can I use these with the G60's flywheel?

Thanks!

Neal