Re: Any suggestions for a radiator upgrade?

Curt Voss wrote:

> <very heavy sigh> This is getting, like, really old. Even with all I've done for my baby lately it still isn't happy. Now it has a pinhole leak in the radiator. Wonder if that's the cause of the overheating that I've been blaming on the air conditioner? Anyway, as long I'm replacing the radiator, is there is a bigger or heavier-duty one off another year/model that I can upgrade to? This is an '82 8V with the filler cap on the radiator (no expansion tank).

Well, it's really about what will fit. Width is a determining factor as
is the pins/pegs on the bottom.

Good news is most current replacements (OEM that is) are
interchangeable.

If yo can you should consider changing over to the Expansion Tank type,
it means a change of one of your lower coolant hoses for the return line
and finding a good place to mount the thing up higher than the rad but
is 'stock' otherwise.

Curt, what year, model do you have?

TBerk