Re: OT 3/8" Air Impact wrench Recommendations?

On Fri, 5 Oct 2001 17:07:42 -0700 (PDT) Cheapass Ron <rapieper@yahoo.com>
writes:
> FWIW, my 1/2" impact is a Taiwanese piece of...gear.  My 3/8" ratchet
> is a Craftsman (don't know who makes it for them).  The Craftsman
> piece is superior *by far* and I would gladly buy again from Sears when

> the need arises.  Go name brand.

> Harbor Freight is bound to be cheap stuff, even though I'm a
> cheapass I avoid it.
>
> $0.02.  Cheap only goes so far.
>
> Ron

I couldn't agree more with "go name brand"...

Harbor Freight sells Ingersoll Rand, which is one of the best name
brands.

I have mostly all IR air tools; IR 231 impact gun, 3/8" IR 1107 air
ratchet, IR 103, 1/4" air ratchet, IR 327 in-line air drill. I've had
great luck with IR, and best of all if it breaks or something, you can
get spare parts for it, or have the tool serviced.

Try that with a Mechanix air tool... 8^)

I have a couple of cheapies, a 3/8" butterfly and an air hammer/chisel,
but they still work...
I eventually want to get a heavy duty IR air hammer/chisel to replace it.

Btw, Harbor Freight sells the 3/8" IR 107XP air ratchet for $92.99, the
same 3/8" air impact wrench, that I'm selling for $50.

Peter - http://thescirocco.com - Discount Techtonics, Peloquin LSD,
Autotech-Quaife USA, Ronal USA, Motorworks, & Magnecor Dealer -  Bear, DE
19701
'79 Scirocco 16V 25 049
'83 GTI 37 505
'84.5 Scirocco 42 133
'84 GTI 63 348  - SciRollers: '79 70 900, '84 Black, '88 Red -
http://www.neojedi.com/feedbyte/topTen.php