RE: beginning the 2.0 swap - to balance or not to balance....? (long)

I balanced my Mazda's motor when I had it rebuilt earlier this year. It was
already a smooth runner. However, with a substantially lightened flywheel
and max overbore pistons I saw the potential for unwanted vibes. At idle my
little turbo  motor operates so fluidly that I sometimes forget that it is
running. It never feels thrashy at high rpms, either. Surely, the improved
balance also contributes to greater engine longevity.

Regardless, I would even do it just for comfort, refinement, and general
peace of mind -especially considering the minimal expenditure. Sometimes,
just the *feeling* of a well-built motor is more important than that last
couple of horsepower. You might find both in this case.

***Please note the new voice number below***
______________________________
Scott F. Williams
Account Manager
GENUiTY - Eastern Region
100 Wall Street, 10th Floor
New York, NY 10005
*NEW* Voice: 646.576.5465
Cell: 917.648.2256
scott.williams@genuity.com

BEGIN:VCARD
VERSION:2.1
N:Williams;Scott;F.;Account Manager
FN:Scott F. Williams
NICKNAME:dreadscott
ORG:Genuity
TITLE:Account Manager
TEL;HOME;VOICE:732-821-5433
TEL;CELL;VOICE:917-648-2256
ADR;WORK:;646-576-8465;100 Wall Street;New York;NY;10005
LABEL;WORK;ENCODING=QUOTED-PRINTABLE:646-576-8465=0D=0A100 Wall Street=0D=0ANew York, NY 10005
URL;WORK:http://www.usrallyteam.com
BDAY:20010520
EMAIL;PREF;INTERNET:scwillia@genuity.com
REV:20011005T154010Z