Re: Oil question

I've always followed advice that the closer two numbers, the better the
oil...i.e., prefer 10W-30 over 10W-40.  5W-50 seems to stretch it a bit
(all bets off for full synthetic) because of additives and whatnot.

Dad used to use straight 40 or 50 in old engines.  By that time, the
engine was pretty far gone, though.

Ron
--- Isidro lepez <isidrolepez@yahoo.com> wrote:
> I've been told that changing the grade of my oil from
> 10w 30 to 5w 50 will quiet engine noise.  Is this
> true?  Also, does the other grade work as well as the
> 10w 30 grade?

=====
Ron (Cheapass)
'87 16V, ("Victor"), '93 Cabby ("Teufelhasen")
ICQ 108845455

Stupid is as stupid does.
-F. Gump