Re: scirocco-L-digest V1 #1906

RE:  Drive-by Exhaust Emissions

This is another instance of being careful of what you wish for.  Here in
NE Ohio, the last Republican governor sold out the 5 local counties with
a guaranteed contract to an Arizona Republican.  Then......my local state
representative was voted out by a Republican claiming she was for the
"E-Check"  and he was going to get rid of it.  That guy was elected and
yet we still have the biannual ritual with some of the most incompetent
people you never want to have touch your car.  They have screwed up my
87's mileage reading on successive inspections so now its got an odometer
flag on the vehicle report site, tried to drive it away in third gear,
get some of their employees caught taking bribes by local TV station,
etc.  AND....turns out the governor took payoffs, oops, campaign
contributions, from Ohio coal and power companies that are responsible
for the vast majority of the pollution.  We all could drive Insights and
it would't change much.

But, gist is the vaunted elimination of the E-Check after the 10 year?
contract expires might be drive-by emissions monitoring to catch
polluters.  Now I know the law enforcement professionals never stop
Sciroccos just to be nosey do they?

RE: R134 problems in Tampa.

Sure fire way of eliminating your AC performance problems is to move up
here.  Tomw were going to go UP to 50 F.

 -- Brian D./OH
How can you be in two places at once when you're not anywhere at all...
Firesign Theatre