Re: Pics of my Scirocco and drivers seat question

Andrew:

Not a bad car, you just got this, right?  Looks like we had stereo
installs from the same guy.  Bad thing is he did an alarm on my car
too.

AFA the seat, be sure the rod that the handle rides on is sitting in
that little "saddle" piece that latches the seat in position.  I'd
spray some PB Blaster or Liquid Wrench in the release mechanism and the
tracks - that softens stiff old grease up nicely (believe me, it can
get so stiff as to seem to lock it solid).  Look at the mechanism, it's
not that bad.

It's best to remove the seats entirely (easy - 10mm nut up front
center, remove plastic trim from inboard tracks, then slide seat all
the way back).   Remove coins, pens, etc. from tracks, clean, and
regrease.  Disassemble and clean the latch mechanism and clean the rail
under the seat.  I guanrantee it'll work like new.

Good Luck!

Ron