Re: Pics of my Scirocco and drivers seat question

> AFA the seat, be sure the rod that the handle rides on is sitting in
> that little "saddle" piece that latches the seat in position.  I'd
> spray some PB Blaster or Liquid Wrench in the release mechanism and the
> tracks - that softens stiff old grease up nicely (believe me, it can
> get so stiff as to seem to lock it solid).  Look at the mechanism, it's
> not that bad.

  if you can't get the seat to move and you really need to, you can
always take a screwdriver and punch the little tab out. after that,
follow ron's directions. i usually take some gas (or brake cleaner) and
clean off the pin after i scrape all the old grease off.

> It's best to remove the seats entirely (easy - 10mm nut up front
> center, remove plastic trim from inboard tracks, then slide seat all
> the way back).   Remove coins, pens, etc. from tracks, clean, and
> regrease.  Disassemble and clean the latch mechanism and clean the rail
> under the seat.  I guanrantee it'll work like new.

  only thing i'll add here is to grease the tracks as well. some wheel
bearing grease works nicely. it's like having a new seat.

--
 /\_/\	  Foxx (in a box)
< o o >	  http://foxx.tripod.com